Complaints Handling Procedure

Every Firm regulated by Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) must have a complaints handling procedure (CHP) in place.

If you have a complaint we have set out below the procedure that we will follow to deal with the complaint.

  1. A person has been appointed within the firm to deal with complaints and you should not hesitate to contact this person if you have a complaint. Details are set out below:

    Michael Garvey
    Managing Director
    Chandler Garvey
    4 Paul’s Row
    High Wycombe
    Bucks HP11 2HQ

    Direct Dial 01494 460250
    [email protected]

  2. Where your complaint is initially made verbally, you will be requested to send a written summary of your complaint to the person dealing with it.
  3. Once we have received your written summary of the complaint, we will contact you in writing within 7 days to inform you of our understanding of the circumstances leading to your complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
  4. Within 28 days of receipt of your written summary, the person dealing with your complaint will write to you, in order to inform you of the outcome of the investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions have been or will be taken, or, if that is not possible, an update on what is happening with your complaint. If you are happy with the outcome of Michael Garvey’s investigation into your complaint, the matter will conclude.
  5. If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint/s, then we will attempt to resolve this promptly through negotiations and / or refer the matter to one of the following.
    1. Where the complaint is made by a consumer (which means a person acting outside the course of any business of his, or a person to whom a duty of care is owed) the complaint will be referred to Ombudsman Services: Property.
    2. Ombudsman Services: Property resolves complaints from consumers about chartered surveying firms, surveyors, estate agents, residential managing agents, letting agents and other property professionals. This service is free to consumers. More information is available at
    3. If your complaint relates to a residential property issue, please refer to
    4. Where the complaint is made by a business the complaint will be referred to the Arbitration and Neutral Evaluation Procedures for Surveying Disputes. This procedure applies to parties involved in a surveying dispute. In order to use the procedure at least one party to the dispute must be a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). More information is available at

Updated April 2020